Day 2 was certainly a delicious day of this diet…I didn’t feel I was on any kind of diet! I know I might end up paying for this! I mean who eats spaghetti and baked potatoes and looses weight!!I did have a moment when I struggled a bit after my evening badminton game when everybody was ordering amazing Kerala food and I couldn’t devour it!
The Zucchini pasta in red sauce was my special lunch obviously abiding by all the rules. Substituting zucchini for pasta was not the compromise I thought it will be. It lifted the dish way more than any store bought pasta could ever do!! Have you ever felt that the pasta in itself becomes too bland and doesn’t absorb enough sauce or isn’t moist enough? Well you will definitely not feel any of that while eating this. This sauce is a gorgeous blend of sweet salty and hot. Let me confess here the amount of pasta on the plate was just so I could take pretty pictures. I ended up eating almost double the quantity! I might stop buying pasta even after I finish my whole30!
I was short of tomato so I roasted a red bell pepper on the stove and pureed it along with the tomatoes’ also substituted the sugar with one slice of pineapple.
Let me tell you the smashed baked potatoes were no diet food! If you are ever craving for crispy Alu Chat then this is the recipe to follow. I should have sprinkled Chat Masala instead of the balsamic dressing. This is one recipe which will be super hit in parties! If you invite me to this party…I might be the one finishing all your potatoes!!
–Boiled Egg and Musk Melon
-Zucchini Pasta in red sauce
-Smashed baked Potatoes
Zucchini Pasta in Red Sauce
-Salt to taste
-Chili Flakes-1 tsp
-Dry Mixed Herbs
-Roasted chicken-shredded (Left over from last recipe)
- Wash the zucchini well and Cut both the ends. Using a peeler peel the zucchini to make flat noodles. Stop peeling when you start seeing the seeds. One zucchini should be good for one person.
- Roast the Red pepper on the stove fire directly. Rotate the red pepper to evenly burn till the skin is black and charred. Let it cool a bit. Use a folk to remove the charred parts of the skin.
- Use a deep pot for this recipe. Place the pot on the burner on low heat. Add the Garlic cloves (with the peels) to roast them lightly. Sauté continuously and Remove once they start to brown.
- In the same pan add oil. Heat for 20 seconds and add the onions till translucent. (Do not brown the onions for this recipe).Add the mixed herbs now.
- Blend the tomato, Red Pepper and garlic roughly and add to the translucent onions. Add the finely chopped pineapple slice to the pot. Season with salt. Simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- In another pan lightly roast the leftover chicken and add the zucchini spaghetti and lightly toss for a few seconds only. Add the sauce and Mix.
Now EAT EAT EAT!!!
Store the left over sauce for later
Smashed Roasted Potatoes
-Olive oil-2 tsp
-Balsamic vinegar-1 tsp
-Salt to taste
-Mixed Italian herbs-1 tbsp
-Water enough to cover the potatoes
- Boil the potatoes in water for 15 minutes. Do not cook the potatoes through.
- Take a heavy stone, rolling pin or anything else you can find to smash the potatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
- In a baking dish toss oil, potatoes and salt. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Increase the temperature of the oven to 200 degrees and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Mix the Balsamic and the herbs to the potatoes and stick in the oven for another 2 minutes.
Go ahead and HOGGG now!
Almost forgot!Tomorrow’s lunch is Thai Green Curry!
Whole30 quote “it’s not hard.dont you dare tell us this is hard.Quitting heroin is hard..Beating cancer is hard..Drinking your coffee black .IS .NOT.HARD”0