So I am faced with a big challenge.I know my husband for over 15 years now and I have never seen him take lunch to school or college or to his office.Now suddenly he has very casually requested that I pack him something handy which he can eat at his desk cause he is too busy to move his bum and go eat at the foodcourt.I am in mild shock but have to underplay it cause he might just reject his own suggestion.So I am faced with a big challenge of making kids approved lunch, for a grown man which doesn’t look like traditional lunch so that my husband thinks its an exotic snack and eats it!
Today’s lunch was a big roti with boneless pieces from last night’s chicken curry,onion,omelette,mayo and lettuce.I also gave him some homemade trail mix with love for which his response was how do I eat this “salad” without a folk.Needless to say ,am in a belligerent mood after he called my trail mix a salad!
On a side note if you are looking for yummy authentic malayali food then do visit Shaap.They serve traditional kerala food which you would ideally find in the road side Shaaps(shop) in Kerala.They have the most flakiest parotas and have authentic fish curry with kappa!They have branches in koramangala and indira nagar.
Back to stomach business though! Most people crave chocolates i crave pizza.It always puts me in a better mood and gives me a dozen pimples with a bloated stomach(yikes!).I have been looking out to make a healthier pizza and not just something which has brocoli as a topping instead of pepperoni.
So the unilateral suggestion online was to remove the carb heavy pizza base and make one out of cauliflower and substitute mozzarella cheese with cashew cheese. I am under no illusion that this is an actual pizza(consciously) but I am hoping to con my brain into feeling like I have indulged(that’s one reason it’s not allowed on whole30)
So if you want a gluten and lactose free Paleo pizza go for this recipe.
- 1- Cauliflower-Medium
- 1 Egg
- Salt to taste
- Mixed herbs optional
- Grate the cauliflower or blend it in a food processor into a powdery grainy texture
- Break an egg into it.Add Salt and Mixed herbs.Mix mix mix.Refrigerate for 15 min to few hours.
- Line a baking pan with butter paper.
- Spread the mixture on the pan evenly
- Bake at 180 degrees for 40 minutes till the top is brown
- Cauliflower Pizza base
- <span></span>Tomato sauce
- Broccoli-3-4 florets
- Mushrooms-3-4 sliced
- Basil Leaves-4-5
- Olive oil-1 tsp
- <span class="mceItemHidden" data-mce-bogus="1"><span></span>Cashews-2 handfull</span>
- Soak the cashew in water for 1 hour to 24 hours.
- Blend the soaked cashews with 2 tablespoons of water into a smooth paste.
- It will resemble a cheese spread.
- Top the pizza base with tomato sauce.
- Add the veggies and dollops of cashew cheese
- Drizzle the olive oil
- Bake at 180 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve