There are three worst things you can do to while making soup.Add cornstarch to thicken it,add cream to make it smooth and the third and the worst , is to strain it through a sieve. Its like killing anything good in the ingredients by ambushing it from all sides and firing bullets into it and then repeatedly stabbing it and then putting it through..ok I am getting gory! But you get my point! Worst part is that it fools your brain into thinking that you have eaten something healthy but really you have just dumped a bowl full of carb heavy,nutrient deficient , fibre less liquid in your body!Butternut Pumpkin Soup with Pork sausage Croutons
If you are trying to eat something healthy then stick to the full fibre soups with fresh veggies ,otherwise just indulge! At least your brain will feel happy!Butternut Pumpkin Soup with Pork sausage Croutons
As most of my recipes lately , this is whole 30 approved and Paleo compliant.To make it a full meal I added pan fried pork sausages to it like croutons.You can also add bacon bits or any other kind of sauted sausage.To make it vegetarian i suggest you add roasted potatos or baked potato fries instead of the pork sausage.
- Butternut Squash/Pumpkin-1 Small.
- Olive oil-1 tbsp divided
- Rosemary-1 tsp
- Garlic-3 cloves
- Chilli Flakes
- Pork or chicken Sausage-1-Sliced
- Bake Option-Cut the squash in half.Brush it with half tbsp of olive oil.Season it with salt,add rosemary and bake it at 180 degrees for 40 minutes.The Squash .
- Pan Fry Option-Alternatively you can cut the squash into cubes and pan fry it covered for 20 minutes with the oil and rosemary.
- Scoop out the pumpkin.Add minced garlic and chilli.Blitz it in a food processor to make a smooth paste.
- Add 1-1.5 cups of water to the to bring it to the desired consistency and bring to boil.
- In a pan,heat the leftover olive oil and pan fry the sliced pork sausage till they are golden brown.