Once I had baked a cheesecake! And it was such a disappointment that my brother who is normally a dustbin didn’t even touch it!!(And if he didn’t then it has to be a catastrophe!!)
Since that loss I have been waiting to make the most perfect cheesecake! It’s a challenge I have taken on myself! Also cause my hubby loooves blueberry cheese cake!!But after the last disaster I don’t have the guts to waste that much cream cheese in one sitting so I have decided to make mini cheesecakes in muffin tins.
It turned out to be simpler than making normal muffins! Lesser number of ingredients, lesser mixing! The only place that I really struggled was when I had to open the tin of blueberries! I didn’t strictly stick to the recipe and temperature settings as I know that it should be baked at low temperature and any change in temperature should be gradual! So I preheated the oven at 100 degrees and put the cheese cakes in for about 25 minutes. At the end of ten minutes I increased the temperature to 150 degrees. I let it cool in the oven itself and when it was sufficiently cooled I refrigerated it.
The best part about this cheese cake is that it doesn’t require a lot of refrigeration! Greedy pigs like me end up gobbling one or two when it’s warm itself!
Makes-6 big muffin sized cheesecakes
8 oz Cream Cheese at room Temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 cup powdered sugar
10 crackers (I used Marie Biscuit)
1/4 cup butter (at room temperature)
- In a mixer, grind together the biscuits and add butter in small quantities till a thick batter like consistency results.(If you want bigger crumbs in your biscuit layer you can hand crush them and add softened butter)
- Line a 6-muffin tin with muffin liners and spray baking spray in it so that the cheese cake can be taken out easily.
- Take one table spoon of the biscuit mix and pat it down firmly in the muffin cups forming the first layer of the cheesecake and refrigerate for 20 minutes
- Mix the softened cream cheese , sugar and vanilla essence in a large mixing bowl using a spatula
- Add the eggs one by one and mix well.
- Pour 2-3 table spoon of mixture into each liner in the prepared muffin tin
- Bake for 10 minutes at 100 degrees and then increase the temperature setting to 150 degrees and bake for another 15 minutes(or till the mixture is settled)
- Leave the cheesecakes inside the oven to cool down gradually. When at room temperature add a table spoon of blueberry sauce on each mini cheesecake and refrigerate for 2 hours.