Cooking is a learning curve.I learn new techniques and flavour pairings everyday.I have recently started buying cookbooks(thanks for the initiation Gopika Bashi!) and there is sooo much to try and experience!
I bought this amazing cookbook called “The best Recipes in the world” by Mark Bittman.This book is like dipping your little toe in each culinary realm one by one.It’s not an exhaustive book but it does try and introduce you to different cuisines and the ingredients that make those cuisines.It’s so interesting that I have sleepless nights about food now!
Inspired from this book,I have tried three different flavour pairings loosely based around Indian,Mexican and Asian flavors.
The beauty of this recipe is that you don’t have to be an experienced cook to make these chicken wings.You don’t have to stand on the counter dip them in egg wash and flour etc and fry chicken wings in the hot oil.It’s a prep and stick in the oven kinda recipe.Its so simple to make that all you need are the wings and some salt.The chicken wings bake in their own fat and get crisp.
The sauce doesn’t have to be fancy..You can start with just salt and lemon maybe toss in some ketchup and then graduate to more interesting sauces-like the ones I have made the wings in.Scroll below.
You can make these ahead of your party ,heat them in the microwave or oven and toss them in the desired sauce just before serving.
I have also made baked tamarind chicken wings in the past.You can also check out the recipe for the tamarind chicken wings.
From the Top–>Tandoori Chicken Wings,Jalapeno & Chipotle Chicken Wings,Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings.
- 10 Chicken Wings-halved and wingtip removed
- Salt for sprinkling
- Line your baking tray with aluminium foil.
- Keep the chicken wings skin side up.
- Sprinkle salt.
- Bake at a preheated oven at a temperature of 250 degrees on the middle rack for 40 -50 minutes or till golden brown.
- 10 Baked Chicken Wings
- 2 Jalapeno diced
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Chipotle Chilli
- Salt to taste
- Melt the butter.
- Add the lemon juice,jalapeno and chipotle to the butter.
- Season with salt.
- Toss the crispy baked chicken wings in the dressing.
- Baked Chicken Wings
- 3 tbsp Curd/Yoghurt
- 1 tsp chopped Garlic
- 1 tsp chopped Ginger
- 1 tsp tandoori masala
- Salt as per taste
- Mix the yoghurt,garlic,ginger and tandoori masala.
- Season with salt as per taste.
- Toss the baked chicken wings in the sauce.
- Bake in preheated oven at 250 degree at the topmost rack for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot
- 10 wings
- 3 tbsp Sriracha Sauce
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes optional
- Salt as per taste
- Mix the sriracha,honey,sesame seeds and chilli flakes.
- Season with salt.Keep in mind the salt in the chicken wings and the sauces.
- Toss the crispy chicken wings in the dressing and serve hot.
I have some more appetizer recipes for you if you are interested.You can find the link in the related posts.