Perfect breakfast is eggs..But you can’t make bulls eye even on a Sunday morning!!Those things are reserved for the mornings when all you can do is break the eggs on a skillet and run!!On Sundays you need to make something more fancy…Which says hey this is a Sunday healthy breakfast…eat up..:D…
I had some smoked cheese, tomato puree and eggs…and the obvious thing to make was baked eggs in tomato sauce…yummm…i know!!
Just whip up some red sauce…drop two eggs in the sauce and bake for 15-20 minutes…the voila!!
Tomato puree-1 cup
1 red onion
Cheese-anything would do…i used smoked cheese
- Heat some butter and add the chopped onion in it. Sauté till the onion is translucent and pink.
- Add the tomato puree in it. Season it with salt and mixed herbs.
- Add the sugar and grated cheese and let it come to a boil.
- Pour out the tomato sauce in a ramekin or an oven proof cup…break and drop the eggs in the sauce.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes till the eggs are cooked the way you like it…
Njoy with buttered toast…and coffee..:D0